Thursday, January 08, 2015

I'm in at the deep freeze.


These days afford little time to run. I can deal with cold. What I cannot deal with are these terrible
sleep patterns. I am not tired, actually, surprisingly, but the evenings have been challenging, with diffuse, disparate family, work and personal responsibilities occupying my forebrain. Makes it difficult to consider braving the cold.

Just a few moments outside, walking in this weather, can be wearying. After a few hours out in it, walking streets bundled up, getting groceries and other errands, I found by the mid afternoon I was listless and spent, almost dazed. No, I do not wish to run. Except that I do, very much.

Temperature: 10°
Distance: 1.75 miles

Yes, that was it. Thank you. A short run in the sub-freezing temps, I burn like furnace.

1969 Playlist
Your Good Thing (Is About To End) - Lou Rawls
Grits Ain't Groceries (All Around the World) - Little Milton
The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) - Simon & Garfunkel
Sally Simpson - The Who
Cold Turkey - John Lennon

This summer I be will directing some Shakespeare in the park. Last time, it was modern, corporate, everyone clinging smart phones. This time it will be 1970, collegiate and groovy.

No comments: