Saturday, August 24, 2019

Afraid to lose.

So this is where it gets a little crazy. I am slated to run sixteen miles tomorrow. Remember how hard thirteen was? Didn't I run fifteen just a couple days ago? Didn't I run eight just yesterday?

Running all the time. I do not know where I have the time or energy or anything for that. But here I go.

After my eight mile yesterday, I drank so much water, all evening. It was a compulsion. More water!

Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 26:32
Pace: 8:09
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 64°
Climate: bright & sunny
Mood: surprisingly good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Tore that up. Feeling the weight of everyone around me, their pain, loss, disappointment, so much anxiety and fear. So I have a slight pain in my head, I have no right not to push myself, and I ran. I ran well. It felt good. Lightened the doubt.

But Jesus, have you ever listened to the lyrics of Good Girls Don't? My laws, that song is filthy.

"New Wave" Playlist
Rebel Yell * - Billy Idol
It's My Life - Talk Talk
Good Girls Don't * - The Knack
Drive * - The Cars
Heart of Glass - Blondie
My Sharona - The Knack

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 164.5 lbs. (+3.0)
Goal: 160 lbs.

No comments: