Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Put your feet into the groove.

Not my skin. But it looked like this.
Hi. I'm a mess. A three-mile run was in order for Monday morning, but I pushed so hard on Sunday, I was up most of the night with aches. Didn't get up to take pain reliever until five am and then crashed for almost another two hours, so that was nice.

However, I did not plan to eat something at lunch which gave me a severe allergic reaction. I mean, it wasn't severe, severe. I wasn't having trouble breathing and I wasn't itching. But my pulse suddenly went up, I developed blotchy red skin, I could feel my heart throbbing in my ears.

Co-workers took me to urgent care, which was very, very wonderful. Thank you, Stephanie, and Kelly, for taking such good care of me.

Did you know ..? The Clinic has an urgent care facility at East 4th Street? Enjoy nationally renown celebrity chefs and the check into the Cleveland Clinic! They were awesome, too, by the way. Took great care of me.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Duration: 30:18
Pace: 9:19
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: bit muggy
Mood: not bad, considering
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

This morning I noticed the sun rising later. No hat, no sunglasses at six in the morning. Wasn't sure the night before if I would run today, either, but here we are.

Bit winded, weak, not too weak. Great run, very humid already, before sunrise. Did not stop. Saw a beautiful heron in the park, I love that guy.

What's That Lyric?
Street Dance - Break Machine

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 169.5 lbs. (+4)
Goal: 160 lbs.

I have eaten a lot the past couple of days. After the race I just wanted to eat. Yesterday I didn't feel hungry as I started to recover from the reaction, but once I started I found it hard to stop. After all, it wasn't food poisoning. I kept thinking that it was, and expecting to vomit or something, and I kept reminding myself that wasn't it.

Today, I pack my lunch. No grocery store sushi for me!

No comments: