Sunday, August 18, 2019

You can run to me.

To run or not to run. It's a question. You make plans to run early, because there is a full agenda for the day, and when you rise there is very loud thunder. As you prepare to leave, pulling on your kit and making coffee, the wind begins to rise, the wind is so loud that it sounds like the rain that you know if coming. And then the rain does come, just as you are prepared to step outside.

This isn't the race. This is training. You don't have to go. It's not safe. And yet, you were psyched, prepared to run fifteen miles this morning. It's disappointing, and very disappointing.

But really. Lightning. We do not chose to run in lightning.

Week Ten Total: 33 miles
Total To Date: 217 miles

Distance: 13.75 miles
Duration: 1:57:39
Pace: 8:33
Route: Forest Hill-Cain Park-Neighborhood Loop (2X)
Temperature: 72°→68°
Climate: distant thunder and light rain to bright, blue skies
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: banana

Left later than I would have, for safety reasons, and cut the run short because I had a phone date with my brother at 9am.

Started out in the thunder and rain, which cleared up shortly thereafter. A nice, coolish morning, the BPM kept me moving briskly for the first half (or what was supposed to be half) when I stopped back at home from water, the bathroom and a snack.

The second half was more difficult, plodding, my shoes were wet so that didn't help. But my mind wandered many places and figured a few things out on my way. Mostly I just wanted to be done. I am disappointed not to have run the entire fifteen but I'll get there.

First Hour
Podrunner: Sky Ground Wind Go (167 BPM)
Second Hour
Spotify Duran Duran Playlist

What's That Lyric?
Liberty - Duran Duran
(Not actually the correct lyric, sometimes I think I heard the word "run" in songs when it isn't there.)

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 164 lbs. (-4.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

Man. The indigestion yesterday. Crazy.

No comments: