Sunday, August 25, 2019

In space no one can hear you dream (and others.)

Lying awake at 3:30, not able to get back to sleep. Knowing there are a million things I could do this morning instead of running for two hours. The enthusiasm I was feeling just two days ago (or was it mania?) has given way to malaise and a doubt.

So, I could listen to anything for two hours. Podrunner, Spotify playlists, "1619" ... instead, it's all Improvised Star Trek. Because I need some serious distraction.

I choose improv comedy. Who knew?

Distance: 16 miles
Duration: 2:36:50
Pace: 9:48
Route: To East 55th via MLK and back.
Temperature: 59°
Climate: cool & groovy
Mood: angsty
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: granola bar

Yep. Sixteen miles. Did that thing. The comedy was quite enjoyable, and it kept me from going very fast. A nice trot down MLK Jr. Blvd. and back. The One World Day festival is today! As I headed back earlybirds were setting up tents and tables. Should be quite an event.

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 165 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 160 lbs.

Improvised Star Trek has been around for ten years, but I just heard about it. I listened to a few episodes last week and got hooked. Then they announced they are ending the show. I hate my life.


Week Eleven Total: 31.25 miles
Total To Date: 248.25 miles

No comments: