Tuesday, September 19, 2023

She's so funky, yeah.

Waking early is beautiful. And it is hard. The wife has been engged the past several nights, and I have not. I read, I write, I sleep by nine. But I wake before five, to write, and prepare myself with peace and ease. But I still have to get out by six. This is the final push, there will be more air starting next week.

It feels as though I have not run in a month. I missed one day. My knees can tell the difference. 

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 38:16
Pace: 9:33
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 67°
Climate: partly cloudy, cool
Mood: good

Eesh. Stretch those shins. As the weather turns these runs do seem a bit arduous. But then, I may be overdoing it. More breaks. More short runs. Keep the engine running, you don't need to tear it up every time.

Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Peter Gabriel - Peter Gabriel (1980)
Intruder
No Self Control
I Don't Remember
And Through the Wire
Games Without Frontiers
Not One of Us
Lead a Normal Life
Biko

This was one I discovered later, starting with his fourth album (alo called Security) and working backward. I was surprised to learn that "Shock the Monkey" was by the same guy who did "Solsbury Hill" which I remembered from when it was played a lot on the radio in 1977.

I'm still not a huge fan of his first two albums. Was he a prog? Was he a rocker? But this one, this third one. This is where he truly started to figure out some things. It was when he became Peter Gabriel. How many industrial rockers of the 1990s owe their career to this one record? 

Hell, Trent Reznor owes his entire career just to the song "Intruder."

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh fruit w/granola & yogurt
Lunch: Cobb salad, bread & butter, Cheetos, pumpkin roll (autumn!)
Pre-Run Snack: half-banana, nuts
Dinner: borscht w/potato, egg  sourcream
Alcohol? IPA (1x)

The lovely people at our test school have provided lunch this week, and they are very nice and complete.

Baseline: 195 lbs.
Current: 171 lbs. (+1.0)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Reading: Corley, E.
Writing: 30 min.

No comments: