Monday, November 09, 2020

Just what I needed.

I had a good run Saturday,
but it wasn't as good as hers.
This weekend I repainted our light pole. The last time I painted it was in 1996, it was a khaki gray, like the trim on the rest of the house. We have since painted the trim green, but I painted the post black, just a flat black.

This time I use an oil-based paint, it is now a glossy black. I need to replace hardware, do some gentle bending of metal, replace some glass with plastic. Looks good.

The weather has been very nice. The election results are in, we will have a new president. Strange, we are not elated, because we know there is so much work to do. But there is a certain sense of dread which has ebbed.

These are difficult times. We are in a pandemic. The world is on fire. We need responsible governance. I hope for the best.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 
Pace: 9:24
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 61°
Climate: bright & cool
Mood: muh better, thanks.
Weight: 179 lbs. (-1.0)

We've been watching The Queen's Gambit, watching this young woman consume so much alcohol reminds me of my own consumption. We were drinkning, then not drinking, now there is casual drinking again. We have cut my medication in half, but there is still an evident reaction when drinking happens. Also, too much sugar. Too much candy.

While I am not losing any weight, I do feel the difference engaging in this "plank challenge" (see Nov. 3.) Up to one minute today. Yes, it makes a big difference. A surpising aount of difference.

Sixty degrees at 7:30 AM. These days will not last.

No comments: