Saturday, September 04, 2021

Jump in the race.

Last time out I felt this pull in my back, like I was about to seize up or something. It was an easy assumption that it's because of the fact that I now carry my laptop every where in a satchel thrown over my shoulder. So I need to look out for that. I can carry it by the handles, but that can also could stress, and besides, hey. Shoulder strap.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 27:25
Pace: 8:50
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 70°
Climate: sunny & beautiful
Mood: all right
Weight: 170 lbs. (-1.0)

Friday Intake
Breakfast: Special K w/bananas & peach, coffee, PSL
Lunch: monte cristo, notso fries (half order), Coke Zero
Treat: candy bar, Guinness
Dinner: vegan chicken sandwich, dumplings 
Also: fizzy water (1x)

Teenage Kicks - Block Rockin' Weekend
The Go Go's
This Town *
Club Zero
Head Over Heels *

The Specials
You're Wondering Now
Gangsters
Concrete Jungle *

Patti Smith
People Have the Power (Live at The Current)
Free Money

I liked the Go-Go's for a while. Funny how "cool" works, Belinda Carlisle's foray into schmaltzy late 80s soft pop lost cred for the entire band ... and that's not right. Sting's solo work is also air-pudding, but that hasn't changed how I feel about the Police. 

"Club Zero" was a new Go-Go's single that came out last year. Yay, reunion. I've heard it often enough to decide I really hate it. Especially the chorus, it sounds like the theme song to both The Monkees and The Banana Splits, which you have to admit are thematically similiar.

We're here! We're powerful! "No fucks given!" ... an actual lyric. I mean, you sang "I'm Mad About You," Belinda. "Heaven Is a Place On Earth." I guess I'm withholding judgement.

No comments: