Sunday, July 07, 2024

… for a long time.

An extensive, four-day holiday weekend. Too much time can be as debilitating as too little. I did not run yesterday, no, because I must, must rest between runs. 

My knees hurt when I am on my feet for too long, something which happens more often than I realize. The past two days, my ankles have also been complaining, they will also require special attention.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 28:22
Pace: 9:09

Seen a lot of movies this weekend, which was not my plan. It's part of my "open nest" plan, however, to catch up on all those movies I have always told myself I should see, but never have. The Coen Brothers' first film, Blood Simple (1984), Jonathan Glazer's Under the Skin (2013), Stanley Kubrick's Paths of Glory (1957), and Vera Drew's The People's Joker (2022).

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 76°
Climate: sunny & beautiful
Mood: determined
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Best of all, the thing I was most concerned about, was returning to the Ur-text, the script that started it all, Cleveland Centennial! It's been left in a creative limbo and I was recently, perhaps due to the impending collapse of the Republic, motivated to create a final, appropriate, complete rendition of the text. A ninety-minute Living Newspaper, full-stop.

Upper body: 80 reps.

1999 Time Capsule Playlist
Clubbed to Death - Rob Dougan
I Want You To Want Me - Letters To Cleo
Cleveland Rocks - POT USA (get it? pot?)
Run On - Moby
The Rockafeller Skank (Short Version) - Fatboy Slim
Compression - Everything But the Girl
Dear God - Sarah McLachlan

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 172 lbs. (-4.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream
Lunch: sunbutter & jelly sand, chips, strawberry milk, cookie (1)
Happy Hour: mineral water, iced coffee
Treat: Klondike Bar
Dinner: orange beef  broccoli w/fried rice

No comments: