Thursday, July 11, 2024

I'm doing this only for you.

How have I never done an album run for The Cure? Maybe because I didn't really listen to The Cure between 1996 and 2020. Like Nine Inch Nails, an act I adored and then moved on from. Not dismissed, just, you know. I was full.
Yesterday I got so old it made me want to cry.
That summer, when my brother and I would get high and watch Night Flight, there was a "new sounds" episode that featured songs by The Smiths, New Order, Dream Academy, and yes, The Cure. My first exposure to the group, the only other tune I knew from them was "Grinding Halt" which was on my brother's copy of the Times Square soundtrack. 

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 37:33
Pace: 9:22
Lying on the floor
Of the night before
With a stranger lying next to me
The Head on the Door - The Cure (1985)
In Between Days
Kyoto Song
The Blood
Six Different Ways
Push
The Baby Screams
Close To Me (Brass Version)
A Night Like This
Screw
Sinking

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 67
Climate: overcast & nice
Mood: all right
Stretches: yes
Water: yes

Head on the dork.
Jangly and synthy and beaty and femmy, it was another year before I listened to the rest of the record, other than just watching the video for "In Between Days" over and over. It was the start of a new world, one I would carry with me into college.  
Six sides to every lie I say
It's that American voice again
Still working not to run two days in a row. It's just better for me, for my knees and ankles and I can tell. Then when I do run, I can feel energized and strong and not weighted down and weak.

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 171 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.
Your trust
The most gorgeously stupid thing 
I ever cut in the world
Breakfast: coffee w/cream, fresh fruit, granola, yogurt & sunflower seeds
Coffee Break: latte
Lunch: courgette ricotta tart, apple
Dinner: pasta & sauce, bread
Evening: beer (2x)

No comments: