Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Flood's Cove: Run Three

Big downpour yesterday morning, which was very nice. Eight people, one cabin, things getting a little close. I feel like my mom, tidying up, pushing in chairs, making rules.

Doesn't everyone know by now you shouldn't use the toaster and the microwave at the same time? Geez.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 32:17
Pace: 9:13

Carnival (EP) - Duran Duran (1982)
Hungry Like The Wolf (Night Version)
Rio (Night Version)
Planet Earth (Night Version)
Girls On Film (Night Version)

Pengo Bonus Tracks:
Is There Something I Should Know? (Monster Mix)
Save a Prayer

Forty-one years ago I was in Rockland (I think) and bought a very special vinyl disc. It was 1983, the year we had gotten MTV and New Wave music, which had previously arrived at a trickle, just exploded into my life.

Carnival was an EP of tracks from Rio which Duran Duran had lengthened in duration and in a case or two entirely re-recorded for play in discos. Twelves inches had gone from something that was available only to DJs and we now being mass marketed.

I had to wait until I got home to listen to it, of course, but it was a special treasure.  

Route: Martin Point Run
Temperature: 68°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: good
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Pain Reliever: TBA

Last night we played bingo, it was a joyful time and the kids asked to go again next week.   

No comments: