Wednesday, July 17, 2024

So tonight I’m drinking to your health.

Last run before the big drive. Feeling listless again, aimless. And yet, not helpless. I continue to read, to make artistic plans, to write (more writing please) there are things I hope to do, and also things I need to do, right now. And I am doing them.

The best thing I can do, is to focus, literally, on what is right in front of me, literally. To see, not metaphorically, but literally, with my eyes, what is in front of me, my person, my actual physical body, and ask myself what I want to change, and set about changing it.

This applies to household items, piles of things, what is currently on my screen -- change that, please, if you don't like what you are looking at, change that thing.

There is new art on the wall, and suddenly it is like being in a new place, a place that has been thoughtfully considered, and changed. And that is only one example. 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:19
Pace: 9:27

We touch 170, and then resume munching. Ate a lot of Monday, what I get for forgetting to pack a lunch. It's quite simple; eat half. I did this on our cruise, and I enjoyed so many things, so many, many things! But I never finished them.

Monday I got a salad from a restaurant. A salad! Salads have no calories! Right? Except it was a chicken Caesar salad, with lots of croutons, and I ate the whole thing. No. Too much.

We're going on vacation, and I would like to enjoy myself. So I will eat half.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 74°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: anxious
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Pain Reliever: yes

Core Strength: 
   Planks: 270 sec.
   Sit-Ups: 70

Baseline: 185 lbs.
Weight: 171 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 165 lbs.

Breakfast: coffee w/cream, tuna melt on everything bagel (half), 
Coffee Break: latte 
Lunch: tuna melt on everything bagel (other half)
Lecture: 2 ipas
Dinner: pizza (1xl), Greek salad

What's That Lyric?
13 Steps Lead Down - Elvis Costello

No comments: