Sunday, July 09, 2006

Grueling

Distance: 3 miles
Weight: 166.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: No
Weather: cool
Time: 6am

That was hard. The follow-up day, hard. Probably not a good idea to see Shakespeare in the park without a chair anymore, moving around after the show was difficult. This morning there was burning pain in the back of my left shin. My whole left shin is going to be a problem. Again - can I do this?

Right now, after ice & elevation, there isn't any pain at all. All I can do is keep up with the designated stretches. And rest tomorrow.

Yesterday I downloaded Runner's World NYC Marathon podcast. It was inspiring. It gave me a lot of info I didn't have, but there are no illusions that this is going to be the most difficult thing I have ever done with my body. I have never given birth, but I am doing this. If my wife do that - three times - I can do this.

No comments: