Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The rest

Distance: 4 miles
Time: about 37 minutes
Stretches: yes
Water: yes
Snack: yes
Weather: 5:30am, cool

So I am currently running better than a ten-minute mile. Wasn't sure there, not after Sunday. Amazing what a day of rest can do, yesterday was spent assuming I simply won't be able to do this this year. The race is one thing, the training is another. How do I run 12 miles during my 48-hour trip to London? Or a half-marathon in Chicago? Will all the travel dehydrate and exhaust me?

Well, I don't know. What I do know is I have until November 1st to drop-out and still have automatic qualification in next year's race. That's a lousy way to mentally prepare yourself, I know, but at least it's a question for another day. Right now I feel pretty good.

No comments: