Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I get my thing in action

Distance: 5 miles
Weight: 165 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade
Snack: dried fruit
Time: 6am
Weather: 53º cool ... but not that cool

"In the Night Kitchen" Playlist
Army of Me - Bjørk
Under - Filter
Unmarked Helicopters - Soul Coughing
Parsec - Stereolab
I Don't Wanna Grow Up - The Ramones
I Saw the Light - The The
Enter Sandman - Apocalyptica
White Lines - Duran Duran
Hell - Squirrel Nut Zippers
The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
The New Pollution - Beck
Verb: That's What's Happening - Moby
Cooldown: Bazamba - Sister Soleil

What the hell was that? That was great! I guess two days of air travel, packed in like a sardine, is good for what ails you. Seriously - I should be bulding up to a peak here, but it's kind of tapering off. Missed a day last week (and the week before that) 12 this Saturday turned into seven on Sunday, and I don't wish to take the time when we're in Chicago this weekend to put in my final 20. And running it during the week is out of the question ... or is it?

However, today (which should have been a four, but I couldn't help myself) I felt like I haven't in weeks. Just felt great. Put in a few speed intervals, nothing aching or throwing me off. I have burned/worn away the callouses on both feet, so there is much less irritation there, and my hip ... well, my hip let me through. Today, anyway.

I should add - there's a tendon or ligament in my left big toe (I'm not making this up) that I pulled a year and a half ago. This tiny little pain in my big left toe. Walking around the city over the weekend really aggravated it.

No comments: