Saturday, October 21, 2006

I'll be running circles around you sooner than you know.

Went to bed relatively early - 10.30pm. Woke to the alarm groggy but ready to do this ... and discovered it was midnight! The alarm had reset, I had six more hours to sleep! That was a good sign, that I was committed to do this on an hour and a half of sleep.

Six hours later I rose and dressed for cold. Welcome back butter beanie, welcome back bullethead. Yesterday I got new soles, new gloves (awesome gloves) and a new running hat.

My route was circuitous. I would run three five-mile circuits around my house. The first two ended with a pee break, Gatorade and GU (Strawberry banana - disgusting; Vanilla Bean - vile.) and after ten miles, I ditched the new soles for the old ones, the new ones were making the toes on my right foot go to sleep.

Yes, a very good run. Roger does Chicago tomorrow, positive thoughts and energy to Roger!

Distance: 15 miles
Duration: roughly two and a half hours
Weight: 165.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: yes
Snack: Balance Bar Gold
Time: 6:50am
Weather: 43º cold & clear - no wind

"The Big Love" Playlist
Warm-Up: Upside Down - Jack Johnson
The Sporting Life - The Decemberists
Such Great Heights (Album) - The Postal Service
Before Today - Everything But the Girl
Jerk It Out - Caesars
I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
Future Sightings - I Am the World Trade Center
Red - Sister Soleil
Hips Don't Lie (Featuring Wyclef Jean) - Shakira f. Wyclef Jean
Burning Down The House - Tom Jones & The Cardigans
Exquisite Corpse - Hedwig & the Angry Inch
Decent Days And Nights - The Futureheads
All Things Just Keep Getting Better - Widelife f. Simone
Transatlanticism - Death Cab for Cutie
Weapon Of Choice [Explicit] - Fatboy Slim
Munich - Editors
Work It - Missy Elliott
Thank You - Dido
Ready 2 Wear - Felix da Housecat
Lucky And Unhappy - AIR
This is Where it All Begins - Plasticman
One More Time - Daft Punk
Mainframe - Kaada
Never Coming Home (Gonna Live My Life Remix) - Sting
Superstar - Jamelia
Wound Up - Office
Lose Yourself [Explicit] - Eminem
Closer [Explicit] - Nine Inch Nails
Night In My Veins (Album Version) - The Pretenders
Accepting Applications At University - Lilys
A Little Less Conversation (JXL Radio Edit Remix) - Elvis Presley
Touch the Sky - Kanye West f. Lupe Fiasco
Hello - Poe
Lady Marmalade - Christina Aguilera, Maya, Pink, Lil' Kim f. Missy Elliott
Thinking About Your Axe-Wound - Joel Veitch
Outer Bongolia - Stereolab
The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash
Cooldown: There There (The Boney King of Nowhere) - Radiohead
August Day Song (King Britt Remix) - Bebel Gilberto (Thanks, Calvin.)

No comments: