Tuesday, October 17, 2006

... is not Chicago.

Distance: 4 miles
Weight: 166.5 lbs.
Stretches: yes
Drink: Gatorade Endurance
Time: 9.40pm
Weather: 59º cool, man, cool.

"Married/Buried" Playlist
Is Chicago, Is Not Chicago - Soul Coughing
Serious - Duran Duran
Veronica - Elvis Costello
The Globe - Big Audio Dynamite II
Kinda I Want To - Nine Inch Nails
Brave New World - Michael Penn
Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) - C+C Music Factory
Disappointed - Electronic
Cooldown: Vogue - Madonna

This may not be my best day ... but this ain't no golden age.

Time, a hideous migraine, family illness, dehydration and sheer exhaustion made it utterly impossible for me to run in Chicago, indoors, outdoors or anywhere else. So much for a second twenty miles, I am taking the risk. Made my big push two weeks ago, and am already gearing up for the big run. Travel plans are in effect, I need to seriously question my diet (no tomatoes, no tomatoes, no tomatoes) and keep myself rested, limber and well-energized.

I need to buy goo, and try it out on my fifteen miler this Saturday. Also, I must go thrifting and get some disposable sweats, gloves and maybe a hat. The gel soles in my shoes are well worn and should be replaced now, rather than later.

The shoes are good. The gear is good. My shin splints are gone. My corns are gone. Today, my hip does not hurt. It is, as the kids used to say, all good.

No comments: