Sunday, July 26, 2009

Moving through the landscape at a million miles an hour

Thursday, July 26, 1984
Lugo, Galicia, Spain
My Sixteenth Birthday! Scott T. sent me a big, fat letter. I got kisses from the girls and yanks on the ears from everyone. Arden gave me a cigar. That night Mary and her boyfriend Mario take me to his sister's where we talk and drink and eat sausages. Late, late at night (early next morning, really) while M&M kiss their goodnights, I dance pirouettes in the square in front of the Cathedral.

1984 Birthday Playlist
La Colegiala - Gary Low
New Song - Howard Jones
Locomotion - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
Blue Light - David Gilmore
You Take Me Up - The Thompson Twins
Relax - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
In the Name of Love - The Thompson Twins
This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody) - Talking Heads

Distance: 4.35 miles
Temperature: 64º
Weather: warm & humid
Weight: 151.5 lbs.

My Life In A Spanish Disco







2 comments:

Jen said...

I am still running. It's worked out that I have run about every other day. Despite my low mileage, my legs tense and twitch at night. Advil has become my best friend.

pengo said...

No shame in pain relievers.