Monday, July 06, 2009

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Summer

WHY SO TENSE, PENGO???

I got a lot on my plate right now. For real. Not least of which is spearheading a summer arts camp for 50 9-13 year-olds (say what?) using only Scotch tape, 6 tongue depressors and my wits. But my wits are sharper these days than they have been for a couple years.

For real.

However, they are great kids - at least half of them were in the same camp with me last year - our staff is excellent and we have some fabulous ideas planned.

I leave town in a little under two weeks, so this is my plan for the next nine working days.

Monday - Friday
5:00 Rise & Run
7:00 Gather necessary materials for camp
7:30 Depart for camp
8:30 Arrive at camp
9:00 Camp
2:00 End of camp day, meet with instructors
2:30 Head to office
3:00 Write grants
5:00 This week: Head home, be Dad.
Next week: Head to Ali's, rehearse
10:00 Clean house, plan for tomorrow
11:30 Read
12:00 Sleep

"Being Dad" should include painting the kids' playroom, keeping the yard tame, reading books, and laundry. It's summer! I should be able to do everything!

If I can keep my head above water for nine (working) days, I get to go to Bermuda.

Listening to: PODRUNNER Classic - Countermeasures (151 BPM)

Distance: 3.25 miles
Temperature: 61º
Weather: cool & humid
Weight: 158 lbs.

I do not drink enough water. End of story.

2 comments:

Home exchange said...

Wow how you manage to go to bed at 12 and still wake up at 5 with the energy to run is beyond me. It's admirable. I've been trying to do it for years, but I'm always too comfortable in bed.

pengo said...

Bed is more comfortable, isn't it? It's where I stayed this morning ... until 6. And that was after hitting the sack by 10:30. So I made two days in a row. Red wine right before bed when you are trying to keep a schedule like this is a bad, bad idea ...