Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Feet, fail me not.


Do you like to read this blog? Then hit the survey for Cleveland Scene Best of 2012 and vote Daddy Runs Fast for best Cleveland blog.

Distance: 4 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

Good Lord. I have run 35 times since New Year's. In 2011 I ran 74 times ALL YEAR.

Used ear buds today, waiting for my new 'phones. Why do I dislike earbuds? Simple, they will not stay in my ears while running.

Okay, now we have entered serious shin split territory, and I am breaking out the bandages. My left leg is hobbled with the pain, which actually subsides when I run fast. HOWEVER, then I begin to feel sick to my stomach. Ah-ha! Have I unintentionally discovered to source of my discomfort during the marathon? Aches, like headaches, often manifest themselves in a kind of queasiness which borders on nausea, though it also is a sensation in common with hunger pain. However, having recently (but not too recently) eaten breakfast, I doubt it was actual hunger. I mean, I'm not hungry now ...

Saturday's run has really made me hate wind, and loathe to go outside. Spring cannot come soon enough. Of course, we haven't actually had any winter yet.

Oh, look. It's snowing.

Temperature: 37º
Climate: cool, a little windy
Weight: 171.5 lbs.
Breakfast: Cheerios & milk, grapes.
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

Daddy ran out of Omega-3 vitamins.

2002 Playlist
Starry Eyed Surprise - Paul Oakenfold
Six Feet Under (Radio Mix) - Photek vs. Thomas Newman
The London Radar - Cornershop
Work It - Missy Elliott
Banquet - Bloc Party
Let Go - Frou Frou
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Do You Realize? - The Flaming Lips
A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley

Cooldown:
Daft Punk Is Playing at My House - LCD Soundsystem
"This is what you've been running away from your whole life, buddy boy ..."
- Nathaniel Fisher

No comments: