Sunday, February 26, 2012

I want to be human.

Sick in NYC, 2004.

Thursday night I had developed the stomach bug the girl and the wife had shared for two days prior. Shivering with chills, queasy and achy, I took to bed, but was still up and read to perform a student matinee of The Mysterious Affair at Styles at Lorain High.

Week 6 Total: 12 miles
Training to Date: 135 miles

It also snowed yesterday, a lot. I thought, you know, I do not feel like running. Not at all. I am trying not to feel badly about that. Strange, though. For five weeks I was this guy who was crazy determined to run five out of every seven days. Who was that guy?

Distance: 4 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

Glorious morning, sunshine, hard to accept it is below freezing, the icicles are melting. Several days rest can make you feel like a million bucks, but I can tell my shin will start singing again soon. Still a little sick to my stomach.

Must prepare for this afternoon's performance at the local library. Gotta love a five-minute commute.

Temperature: 30º
Pavement: clear w/patchy snow
Weight: 170.5 lbs.
Breakfast: pancakes & bacon
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

2004 Playlist
Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
TKO - Le Tigre
Ohh La La - The Ditty Bops
American Idiot - Green Day
Future Sightings - I Am The World Trade Center
Hounds of Love (New Mix) (168 bpm) - The Futureheads
Neon Human - Felix da Housecat
Pale Yellow - The Ditty Bops
Decent Days and Nights (170 bpm) - The Futureheads
She's a Rebel (159 bpm) - Green Day

Cooldown:
Ethanopium - Dengue Fever

No comments: