Sunday, February 05, 2012

Somehow I stay thin.


Week 3 Total: 26 miles

Took the boy to the Rock Hall again, to catch the Women Who Rock exhibit before it closes. Can't believe I actually sat through an 80-minute U2 concert movie, but the boy got a lot out of it. Never realized what a pretty voice the Edge has.

I lack sufficient daily hydration.

Distance: 4 miles
Route: To Parkside Blvd. and back.

I believe I run too fast on these daily, four-milers. Going into a long run, I start easily. Maybe too easily, but I don't feel so tired, so fast. The short runs I think I'm trying to get them over with, I am not mentally preparing myself for it taking a little time.

Temperature: 39º
Climate: cool & dry - shorts!
Weight: 176.5 lbs.
Snack: banana
Hydration? yes
Stretches? yes

The stretches include knee bends, I started at 10 and have increased to twenty. Dr. V. told me that part the problem with my knees is that I use cartilage - the meniscus - in place of muscle. Muscle cushions the repetitious blows that comes with running. If I do not have strong muscles in and around my knees, I am letting the meniscus take all the damage.

There are also the shin splint stretches, which appear to help. Yesterday my shins did not complain at all, today barely so.

1991 Playlist
Who? Where? Why? (The Chaos Mix) - Jesus Jones
International Bright Young Thing - Jesus Jones
Enter Sandman - Metallica
7 - Prince
All This Time - Sting
Theme for Northern Exposure - David Schwartz
Sax and Violins - Talking Heads
Until The End of the World - U2
Rush - Big Audio Dynamite II

Cooldown:
Too Much Passion - The Smithereens

No comments: