Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's a lot harder to stay in when you're wound up so, so tight.


Lotsa guitar music in my mix today. Charging down the sidewalks in the rain. Good feeling. However, I need to remember to buy a package of large band-aids. My nips are singing.

Distance: 4 miles
Route: Neighborhood loop

The last time I trained for a marathon was in 2006. At six and one-half weeks I was complaining of shooting pains in my ankles and my butt, and had not yet successfully negotiated how to handle waste issues. I developed a bunion which I have managed ever since and which has not gotten any worse.

Also, I weighed about 165 lbs. That is where I am now. That is normal. I am feeling very normal. It is nice to feel normal.

Temperature: 39º
Climate: rain!
Weight: 164 lbs.
Breakfast: scrambled eggs (w/bacon pieces & cheese), toast w/apple butter
Hydration? sure
Stretches? yes

2006 Playlist
Watch the Tapes (153 bpm) - LCD Soundsystem
We Share Our Mothers' Health - The Knife
No Tomorrow - Orson
Get Plastered - Harold Barefoot Sanders III
This Is Where It All Begins - Plasticman
Fucking Boyfriend - The Bird & The Bee
Wound Up - Office
Decisions Decision - Plasticman & The Wool One
Sketches (Twenty Something Life) (169 bpm) - La Rocca
Supermassive Black Hole - Muse

Cooldown:
Dangerous Power (Cicada Mix)/Enemy - Gabriel & Dresden

No comments: