Sunday, March 10, 2013

All right, stop.

So old.

Now it's spring. The boy cannot adequately express the joy he feels when I take him on a run with me. He has reminded me numerous times of that great afternoon we ran two miles together, which was really the only time we had run together, until today. We began with a lap around the block before I left solo for a longer run.

The outreach tour has closed. My two-act workshop production of These Are The Times at Cleveland Public Theatre has concluded. Two of three (known) play scripts of mine to be produced this year are done. Changes are in the air, literally and figuratively. And I have your ordinary, Sunday afternoon sinus headache.

Temperature: 63°
Warm-up lap: .85 miles
Distance: 5.6 miles (Cain Park Loop)
Climate: bright, breezy, almost ideal
Weight: 169 lbs.

Spring 1991 my girlfriend took me to her sister's Senior Talent Show. A band played a high-voltage cover of Hard To Handle and the crowd went ape-shit. I remember at that time I looked around at the Athens High student body and thought, wow. I am old.

I was almost twenty-three.

1990 Playlist
World In My Eyes - Depeche Mode
Policy of Truth - Depeche Mode
So Hard - Pet Shop Boys
The Power - Snap!
Where Are You Baby - Betty Boo
Hard To Handle - The Black Crowes
Ice Ice Baby - Vanilla Ice
Serious - Duran Duran
Sadeness - Enigma
Freedom 90 (183 bpm) - George Michael
Round and Round - Tevin Campbell

Cooldown:
Cuts You Up - Peter Murphy

That's a sweet playlist, I kid you not.

No comments: