Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Run, run, run ... but you just can't hide.


Okay, now. NOW. I want to run every day. The malaise has gone, I simply have an urge to move. I want reason to run all the way from here to the lake, and yes -- back again. Perhaps the weather will collaborate. And even if it does not, I will go out into it because I have Spring Fever and I am tired of waiting. My body is tired of waiting.

That, and I am shaking with uncertainty. Got a rejection letter today. I hate that.

1995 Playlist
Statue of Liberty - Joe Jackson
I Saw The Light - The The
The Brooklynites - Soul Coughing
Possum Kingdom - The Toadies
Ball of Confusion - Duran Duran
Annie (172 bpm) - Elastica
The Heart's Filthy Lesson (Alt. Mix) (179 bpm) - David Bowie
Spider-Man - The Ramones
Good - Better Than Ezra

Man. Nineteen Ninety-Five, Year of the Cover. 

Temperature: 39°
Climate: crisp and delicious
Distance: 3.25 miles

In shorts. What? That's right.

So. Justice Scalia requires some kind of evidence that being raised by gay parents is not somehow "harmful" to children. Justice Alito apparently believes same-sex couples started raising children in the year 2000, when marriage equality was decalred in the Netherlands, but fuck him. In addition, one could ask what kind of harm two straight parents caused by raising Justice Scalia, Alito, or, I don't know, HITLER?

But I digress. Evidence of harm. My question is whether same-sex parents will be judged all the same, or whether we need to begin judging the harmfulness inflicted by neglectful straight parents, alcoholic straight parents, abusive straight parents, straight parents who are also pedophiles, and how these harmful personality traits can be related directly to their heterosexuality. I trust those studies will also be forthcoming soon.

Do we know whether same-sex parents are harmful to their children? I don't know, you fat, old bigot, have you ever spent time with any?

No comments: