Saturday, March 23, 2013

Will you ever win.


Physical Status: The girl suffered some kind of strain in her ankle, in virtually the same place as I have. She did this playing soccer earlier in the year. She'd been suffering through it, but eventually we took her to the doctor who advised sitting out soccer and gym, recess, anything physical. And now she has been given a course of light physical therapy, stretching and balance exercises. I am taking them with her.

A friend is trying the Medina Half Marathon on May 25. That might be something to do. I just don't know. There are also a few complete marathons I am considering for the fall. The London Marathon is in late April. Hmn. The London Marathon. Running for 26.2 miles through London, in Spring. That sounds ... enjoyable. Something to muse about.

Temperature: 30°
Climate: nice.
Distance: 3.25 miles
Weight: 170 lbs. ((sigh.))

Mental Status: Inbetween times drive me a little crazy. That is putting it mildly. Closing the tour, completing the workshop production, waiting on submission applications and other possibilities, thinking of things that may or may not be far into the future, these times can make me downright despondent. Not hopeful, hopeless.

Today is a day when we may take care of housecleaning. Or not. The wife, too, has hopes and dreams and fears which have aggregated at this moment in time. How that makes this time different from any other, I am not sure. It is all the same. Nothing is the same.

1975 Playlist
Love To Love You Baby - Donna Summer
Rhiannon - Fleetwood Mac
I'm Not In Love - 10cc
Opening: I Hope I Get It (165 bpm) - A Chorus Line
Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
Love Rollercoaster - Ohio Players
Operator - The Manhattan Transfer

No comments: