Friday, April 18, 2014

I cross the street, take a right.

On your left. 
Etiquette for Runners: Passing. Alert pedestrians when you are passing them – don’t assume they are aware of their surroundings. A simple “on your left” warning will suffice. - Road Runners
And yet ... when? Is it necessary to holler from half a block away? I find that if I speak up too close to the person I am passing, I scare the crap out of them. Then there are those who are listening to headphones, who do not hear me anyway. Also, those who weave down the sidewalk, be they addled, elderly, or douchebag. May I pass on the right, or must I pass on the left regardless, even if it puts me into a hedge?

However, it wasn't until seeing Captain America: The Winter Soldier today that I became truly confident of exactly what to say. It always came out, runner on your left or passing on your left. From now on it's ON YOUR LEFT. I said that three times tonight.

Those who know me are aware I am probably on your left already.

Footskills Run

Temperature: 61°
Distance: 4.75 miles

Dropped the kids at Friday evening soccer practice and went for a hard run around the Heights. Meanwhile, these new supporters are horrible, I will make note to rat them out to everyone. I thought they would soften up, but seriously. It's like sandpaper.

1999 Playlist
Five Fathoms (Kevin Yost Everything And A Groove Mix) - Everything But the Girl
Hyperactive - The Donnas
Accepting Application at University - Lilys
Big Pimpin - Jay-Z ft. UGK
The Future of the Future (Stay Gold) - Everything But the Girl w/Deep Dish
A Tab for the Holiday - Lily
Honey - Moby
Kiss Me - Sixpence None the Richer
Steal My Sunshine - Len
Leo Ryan (Our Pharoah's Slave) - Lilys

Great gift idea.
Daddy got a birthday coming up.

No comments: