Sunday, April 13, 2014

2014 Hathaway Brown 5K


2014 Hathaway Brown 5K
Start: 9:00 am
Official time: 22:16.4
Place overall: 24
Men 45 to 49: 3rd Place

A good morning to run a 5K, cool and bright. Maybe if I had actually had something like a breakfast I would not have felt as weak as I did or perhaps I would have placed better -- but this was an improvement on my last 5K, last summer.

Observation: The Doppler Effect makes the song "Happy" sound really unhappy.

The girl and I will run a 5K in a little over a month, for Girls On The Run. She wanted to see how well and how fast she could a one-mile today, and so stuck to the "fun" run. She came in second overall, with a neat 6 minute mile! Not bad considering how many crying children she had to get around to break out of the pack, who were instructed to stick to the sidewalk.

I wasn't sure how the boy would do. I stayed a few steps behind him and to my surprise he never stopped. He was beat by the time we finished (see photo above) but in a brisk 6:42 and I am very proud of him.

After, we ate way too many pancakes.

No comments: