Friday, April 04, 2014

Make it easy on yourself tonight.


Yes. A seventy-degree day came and went this week, and there was no time to run - none. Not from 5:30 AM to bed. Of course, by then it was blustery and miserable. The good news is that the girl went out that day on her own to run around the block. I regret being unable to join her.

Writing has been unsatisfactory, pretty much since I finished that last book. I am not sure what the two have to do with each other, but I do know that they do. What I can say is that writing continues, every morning, even when it is nonsense. And that is something I would truly miss, especially these days.

Meanwhile, my job has put me exactly in the right place at lunchtime to be near a young performer who has 1) the inability to pack a lunch and 2) no sense of thrift, who then invites me to join them at the fast-food place for lunch. This is what I get for supervising the program.

The portions afforded people at these places are unconscionable. The burritos at Chipotle are legendarily obscene (sure, the ingredients are of a higher quality, but there's too fucking much of it) and do not lend themselves to saving part for later. A glob of goo partially wrapped in shredded tin foil? Yeah, let me put that aside for later.

 I could throw half away but I have developed a Recession Era mentality that borders on greed. I paid for this, I must have it all.

I feel as though any physical gains (or losses) I have made in the past six months have just dropped away, as muscles slacken and the belly grows.

I am 175 pounds. I have been 175 pounds. I will always be 175 pounds. I love Big Brother.

Temperature 50°
Distance: 3.25 miles
Climate: not raining

A lot of rain today. The girl reports she got two laps in at GOTR before the deluge, but her coach cried, "WHO WILL RUN WITH ME IN THE RAIN?!" My girl and two of her friends were more than happy to join her. That's my girl.

1985 Playlist
It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back) - Eurythmics
? (Modern Industry) - Fishbone
Nemesis - Shriekback
Radioactive -The Firm
Jungle Love - The Time
Stop Dead - The Cure
I'm Your Man - Wham!

Wow. Breezy cool. Great music, youthful. Strong, not rushed. Sometimes I wonder why I ever feel like not doing this.

No comments: