Thursday, April 17, 2014

A billion feet sound just like a billion drums.


The boy had soccer practice, so I suited up and went running, rather than just heading to a coffee shop shop and binging on Facebook.  This was my first Shaker Lakes Run, something some of friends have the opportunity to do all the time ... though I think I prefer the traffic in my neighborhood.

Still, running next to a body of water, even a small one, is a great way to get your head away from the city.

 
Shaker Lakes Run
Temperature: 64°
Distance: 4.5 miles

Everything that happened in 1989 happened a quarter century ago, and that's all I am going to say about that, except I have been wrong about many things, but I was right about the Beastie Boys.

1989 Playlist
Dry County - The B-52's
The Sensual World - Kate Bush
Get Up! (Before The Night Is Over) - Technotronic ft. Felly
Across This Antheap - XTC
Sin (Dub) - Nine Inch Nails
Shake Your Rump - Beastie Boys
Pet Semetary - The Ramones 
King For a Day - XTC
Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers

No comments: