Friday, April 25, 2014

Love is on the run. Wish you were here.


Last night we ventured into the swanky murk of the Katz Bar to join friends and new friends for a journey into aromatic, vaporous fluids. I am not a connoisseur of spirits, but occasionally I am aware I am in the presence of greatness, and even though we were there with them only a brief while, I was staggered by the potency of what I had taken in.

Then we went home and had the best and biggest fucking artichoke my wife has ever prepared. That's not a metaphor, I am talking about artichokes.

This morning I found it very difficult to happily make it conscious. Time to sweat it out. Tonight we retrieve our children, and I am looking forward to that.

Temperature: 54°
Distance: 5.15 miles

Smoothie: Yogurt (plain), banana, oats, honey, carrot ... and ice cream.

1984 Playlist
You Can't Get What You Want (Till You Know What You Want) - Joe Jackson
Here Comes the Rain Again - Eurythmics
Wish (The Lads Were Here) - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
Me Ship Came In! - The Style Council
William, It Was Really Nothing - The Smiths
Cue Fanfare - Prefab Sprout
Fascination - Everything But the Girl
World Shut Your Mouth - Julian Cope
Rock Me Tonight - Billy Squier
Skankin' To The Beat - Fishbone
Cherry Bomb - Joan Jett
To France - Mike Oldfield

Look at this. It's worthless - ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless. - Dr. René Emile Belloq

Like pop music from 1984.

No comments: