Thursday, April 10, 2014

My temperature is rising.

Hide the kids, time for:
Free-Love Cleveland's Easter Egg Hunt

This morning I sat out on the front step with the girl, waiting for her bus. I tried to picture the familiar frozen landscape of just two months ago, the heaping mounds of never-melting snow, the crisp, crystal, almost deadly stillness of the air. The memory so recent and so vivid, but impossible to believe it did not happen on some other planet. 

Temperature: 70°
Distance: 5.15 miles

Warm, hot. Fast and loose. But damn, every direction I turned, wind. Felt much further than five miles.

1995 Playlist
Just a Girl - No Doubt
I Don't Wanna Grow Up - The Ramones
The Last Polka - Ben Folds Five
Ball of Confusion - Duran Duran
Scream - Michael Jackson & Janet Jackson
White Lines - Duran Duran
The Tra La La Song (One Banana Two Banana) - Liz Phair w/Material Issue
California Love - Tupac ft. Dr. Dre
Stutter - Elastica
Statue of Liberty - Joe Jackson
Brain Stew - Green Day

Gen X father skateboarding up Boynton. This is my neighborhood.

No comments: