Tuesday, January 30, 2018

With skull designs upon my shoes.

Thank you, David Bowie.
It's the girl's birthday today, but I was struck with overwhelming sadness, when "Lazarus" by David Bowie came on the radio. It was on a cold winter's day like today when that song was released, on his seventy-first birthday. Two days later he died, and it was like a wall of death began to sweep across our world.

My father, then the nation, then Chris. Watching us lose him, that was my first experience living so close to cancer. How on earth did Bowie make the video for this song? It must have been excruciating. Huh. Artists.

2016 Playlist
I Can't Give Everything Away - David Bowie
Thank God For Girls - Weezer
Breathe Life - Jack Garratt
Born Again Teen - Lucius
Dear World, - Nine Inch Nails

Brisk, cold. Who knew I would go so fast today, or for so long? In the teens, I thought maybe a lap around the block but I kept going. The music was good. The life continues, even now.

Distance: 2.25 miles
Route: Neighborhood Run
Temperature: 18°
Climate: cold
Pavement: rich & slippery with new-fallen snow
Mood: down

Stretches: yes

Eleven runs in January. I ran eight times during the last four months of 2017. We run, we stretch, and we continue to move forward, mostly free of pain.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 176 lbs. (-0.5)
Goal: 175 lbs.

No comments: