Thursday, January 11, 2018

Just can't stop.

Caramels in the conference room, my son with a large box of Mike & Ike's ... this is my daily obstacle course. I just say no. It is truly a slippery slope and so easy to become demoralized.

However, I have been eating a lot of pasta lately, and that also includes a lot of sugar. Two years ago I forced whole wheat pasta on the family but gave that up after things felt under control. I think I need a return to the good stuff.

Meanwhile, I keep exercising on off days, at least ten minutes. It doesn't feel like a lot, but it's also not nothing.

1977 Playlist
Marquee Moon - Television
Nothing Achieving - The Police
Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac
Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees
Barracuda - Heart
Disco Inferno - The Trammps
Sound and Vision - David Bowie
The Name of the Game - ABBA

Yes. Nineteen Seventy-Seven in a nutshell.

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 54°
Climate: breezy
Pavement: wet
Mood: all right

The big push. A day with spring-like weather. It never got this warm the entire time we were in Orlando last week. Tomorrow it will snow, the next day it will freeze. It is a day for running free. I hope I do not hurt myself

Stretches: yes

Return to the woods. It was delightful to be running in the open air, through the trees. I felt it in my left thigh, all the way down. But that is the price we pay. I choose to focus on the trees.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 177 lbs. (-1.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

Like most adults, all I ask is to be able to fit into my pants.

No comments: