Friday, January 19, 2018

I am tired. I am weary.

This is me.
But look at it this way. I have had more runs in January -- already -- than in the last three months of 2017 combined. And I have not been feeling badly, I have not been limping, I have not had pain. A little awareness, perhaps. Aware of nerve in my leg, but not pain or discomfort.

1967 Playlist
Knock On Wiid - Eddie Floyd
Somebody To Love - Jefferson Airplane
Venus In Furs - Velvet Underground
Chain of Fools - Aretha Franklin
I Was Made to Love Her - Stevie Wonder
People Are Strange - The Doors
Tighten Up - Archie Bell & the Drells

Ugh. Feel like my teeth have been ruined. Chewing like a shut-in. It's all mac and cheese from here on out. Mac and cheese and gruel.

Distance: 2.28 miles
Route: Neighborhood Run
Temperature: 24°
Climate: cold & clear
Pavement slippery with snow
Mood: all right

Got new athletic supports. Can't remember how old this set is, but they were old. Just fell apart. Seriously, though. Shock Doctor should not be the brand name for jock straps, that should be the brand name for something else entirely.

Stretches: yes

Cold air. Deep breaths. Moving through space. Feels good. This is why.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 177 lbs. (-2.0)
Goal: 170 lbs.

No comments: