Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Feeling like a jerk.

And a doughnut, I had one doughnut.
Lost a filling on Sunday. My tooth is sensitive to cold. Not happy. I remember when piece of my tooth fell out, it was almost twenty years ago. It made me feel very old. I was 29.

Monday I had it replaced, and that went relatively well. I just feel like I am physically falling apart.

1982 Playlist
Workin' For a Livin' - Huey Lewis and the News
More Than This - Roxy Music
Let's Go To Bed (Extended Mix) - The Cure
Body Language - Queen

The daily exercise continues, weather and circumstance have kept me from running. The plan is to use the gym, but I don't like to go on my won. It's part of the new family routine, we just need to begin it. Temps should rise in the next day or two, but I cannot wait any longer.

Distance: 2.1 miles
Route: Neighborhood Run
Temperature: 8°
Climate: cold
Pavement: slippery with snow
Mood: unsure

Bitter cold at first and then it eased off, as I warmed up. Surprised to go two miles. That was a very good choice.

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 179 lbs. (+0.5)
Goal: 170 lbs.

This is the thing. I have stopped eating processed sugar, entirely. However, I have a habit while I am preparing dinner of snacking big, hearty snacks. I used to have a handful of almonds to see me through, but yesterday it was a large amount of almonds, with dried cranberries. Then cheese and crackers.

Lunch was big, too, because I didn't pack my lunch, I bought it, and that's always a portion too big and high in calories. I have to pack my own lunch, I have to control my diet in the evening.

But there is no fucking way the president is 236 pounds. Donald J. Trump is not merely fifty-seven pounds heavier than I am, that's complete nonsense.

No comments: