Friday, January 26, 2018

Everybody get on your feet.

Don tries to turn off his mind, relax, and float downstream.
The thing about running every other day -- every other day, not every day, not every third day - is that you can look at the forecast and say, "it's going to be mid-20s today, and mid-50s tomorrow. I will run tomorrow." And that that is okay.

1966 Playlist
Tomorrow Never Knows - The Beatles
Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
Happy Jack - The Who
Barefootin' - Robert Parker
Richard Cory - Simon & Garfunkel
Season of the Witch - Donovan
Get Off My Cloud - The Rolling Stones
Upa Neguinho - Edu Lobo
Gimme Some Lovin' - The Spencer Davis Group
Sock It To 'Em J.B. Part I - Rex Garvin & The Mighty Cravers
Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations

Glorious playlist for a brisk winter's run through the park!

Distance: 3.25 miles
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 34°
Climate: cold & clear
Pavement: mostly dry
Mood: all right

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 176.5 lbs. (-2.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Restraint. Yesterday I had eggs (two eggs) with toast for breakfast, a giant Greek salad for lunch (with water) and while we did get pizza I limited myself to two slices, not three or four, which is the normal. We also had salad with that and over the entire evening I had two beers.

There was also a small handful of cheddar cheese popcorn, but it was measured and small. Not a ridiculous paucity of food, but it was controlled. The salad at lunch because I knew we were having pizza at night. Control. Thought. Control. Thought-control.

No comments: