Sunday, January 28, 2018

I feel fine and I feel good.

Thank you, Pat DiNizio.
Trip to the gym with the kids. We need to do this more often. The girl ran beside me for a while, I love it when that happens.

1986 Playlist
Everywhere I Go - The Call
Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes - They Might Be Giants
Strangers When We Meet - The Smithereens
What Have You Done For Me Lately - Janet Jackson
Bizarre Love Triangle - New Oreder
Rise - Public Image Ltd.
Meet El Presidente (12" Version) - Duran Duran

No, I was unaware that The Call/Michael Been was a Christian Rock act in the mid-1980s when my roommate had this album on steady rotation in our room, which is strange because it's so obvious when you listen to the lyrics. But it's so good, which is odd because Christian Rock that calls itself that usually isn't. I mean, it never is.

I think it because Been's love songs for Jesus could be love songs for anyone, they communicate passion, adoration, obsession, which could be applied to romance as well as spiritual devotion, where the work of Michael W. Smith (for example) is only singing about that one guy.

Shout at the devil.

Distance: 3 miles (27 laps)
Route: Rec Center
Mood: good

Stretches: yes

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Today: 176.5 lbs. (-0-)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Big appetizer party last night. I was not going to have the cake, but I was handed a piece of cake. I could have said no, my wife has gotten used to saying no to meat products. I could have said no to the wings, too.

No, wings. Just no.

No comments: