Sunday, January 07, 2018

We could run.

Yes, I have exercised every day this year, so far. And it does make a difference. Running has been out of the question, however. First of all, we were out of town for at the beginning of the week, an impromptu excursion to Orlando which was not without its perils, and taking a jog was out of the question.

At home it has been freezing, in the single digits. As the weather "warms" up the next few days, I may even sneak in a three mile run by Thursday, when it is supposed to be rainy and in the fifties.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we begin. 54 Playlists for 54 Years (1965-2018.)

2017 Playlist
Cold - Maroon 5 ft. Future
Shape of Your Body - Ed Sheeran
We Could Run - Beth Ditto
Day I Die - The National
tonite - LCD Soundsystem

Sugar is the villain. Since returning home I have decided to try not to ingest processed sugar. It comes in many forms, yes, the bread, the sauce, the anything.

But, for example, my daughter offered me a cookie. No, thank you. I do not want a cookie. Last night my son offered his milkshake. It was from Swenson's, a new site close to home, our first time trying this franchise. I said no, and then yes. What are their milkshakes like? They are milkshake-like. He offered another sip later, I said no.

Today, however, I popped half a roll of Smarties that were just lying around into my mouth without thinking why. Just did it. That is how that happens. Didn't enjoy it. Just took it. And I thought, why did I do that? This is how that happens.

Distance: 1.7 miles
Route: Two laps around the block.
Temperature: 21°
Climate: cold
Pavement: crusty with snow
Mood: determined?

I weight four pounds more than I did at the start of last year. Ideally I would live at 165 and never change. Vanity wants 160, and so does my wardrobe.

Baseline: 178 lbs.
Goal: 170 lbs.

All right. Did that. Must stretch after, every single time. Plan to run again Tuesday. The year began today.

No comments: