Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Hold onto me, pretty baby, if you want to fly.

Strange bug bite on the back of my calf. James assures me it's not from a tick, that if it were a tick I'd know, but it round and itchy and weird. A spider? Who knows. Where did I score that? No idea. Monitoring my energy. I think I'm okay.

Distance: 3 miles
Route: Rec Center
Mood: good!
Exercises: yes

Tour time, throws my schedule off. Was enjoying my work in the gym, using the machines. Just takes a day to feel like you haven't done a thing at all. Got a big show this spring, hoping to have more strength and endurance by then. You have to build up to be able to bread down, do you know what I am saying?

Baseline: 179.5 lbs.
Today: 180 lbs. (+2.0)
Goal: 175 lbs.

Such a pleasant morning, weather-wise. It could have been an outdoor run in a cool mist, but I would have missed the machines. Seriously, I am on a machines kick.

There's this one guy, though, on the track. He bugs the hell out of me. There are four lanes, the inside two are for walking, the outside for running. This guy, he's maybe sixty or so. Tall. He's got airpods in, and he is just grooving, with his elbows working high, really lifting up those elbows as he bops along.

But he's in the outside lane. And he's not running. He's not even speed-walking, he's just walking. Mister, I don't care how high your elbows work, you have to lift your knees to run, get the fuck out of my lane.

2007 Playlist
Land of All - Sky Cries Mary
Le Disko - Shiny Toy Guns
I Feel It All - Feist
The Boys - Dragonette
The News - Carbon Silicon
The Moneymaker - Rilo Kiley
Flathead - The Fratellis
Electro Man - Calvin Harris

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: