Sunday, February 24, 2019

You're a good man.

Maybe the regular running will resume soon. For now, an outdoor jog through what appears to be a deceptively pleasant morning. I am headed out into a sunny day in the mid-fifties. Forecast suggests madness is coming our way.

I have not been drinking enough water. My lips are horrible chapped and maimed.

2012 Playlist*
All Your Gold - Bat For Lashes
One Thing - One Direction
Take a Walk - Passion Pit

* Short list. When I meet up with Chris at the Rec Center I turn off the tunes, and today we were having such a good conversation he ran back to the house with me.

This is a good thing, because just as we were about to turn onto my street, the wind whipped up, it began to rain -- and then to hail.

"What is this?" he exclaimed, "The Half Marathon?"

"Yeah!" I said, "It is May?"

Distance: 4.78 miles
Pace: 10:03
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 55°
Climate: beautiful! then not beautiful!
Mood: good! and anxious. and stupid.

Visit my Team Challenge Crohn's & Colitis page and support my bid for the Chicago Marathon!

No comments: