Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Amongst the walking wounded.

We're drinking again. This obsession with diet, I keep sipping sugar instead of eating food. But then I'm also eating food. But I was writing a lot yesterday, and alcohol was a companion. It could as easily be seltzer. So seltzer it will be.

Distance: 2 miles
Duration: 17:38
Pace: 8:49
Route: Two times around the block.
Temperature: 64°
Climate: clear & cool
Mood: wound up
Weight: 186 lbs. (-1.0)

These short daily runs, the two-milers, they keep me moving. A commitment. Some summers I am unable to run, in pain, or injured. I want to take advantage of good weather as long as is possible. And no more marathons!

What's That Lyric?
Walking Wounded (Dave Wallace Remix) - Everything But the Girl

Later, the girl asked if I wanted to take a six mile run. Mid-day, warm run. These distances you really need to have water, but we neither brought any nor passed any fountain. Then again, I think all public fountains have been shut off for the duration.

We both thought five miles was a totally fine distance, and walked the rest of the way. We got to talk a lot. These are the good things.

Distance: 5 mile run/1 mile walk
Route: Noble-Cumberland-Forest Hills Loop
Temperature: 73°
Climate: sunny & hot
Mood: good

No comments: