Sunday, June 21, 2020

Run fast for your mother. Run fast for your father.

It is a nice thing, to have your family pay special attention to you on a certain day of the year. I mean, I am blessed with a wife and children who pay special attention to me every day of the year, but on Father's Day I get breakfast and gifts, too.

For the past several years my mother has remembered me on Father's Day, abent my own father. This year I am missing that. I should be thinking of him, but I am thinking more of her.

Visited the house yesterday, walked through its many rooms, and sobbed uncontrollably. I cried this morning, too.

Just feeling sad today. Maybe it will pcik up as we go.

Distance: 2 miles
Duration: 18:30
Pace: 9:15
Route: Two times around the block.
Temperature: 75°
Climate: not a cloud in the sky
Mood: mourning
Weight: 183 lbs. (-1.0)

Lost ten pounds. I'll gain it all back today.

What's That Lyric?
Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine

No comments: