Saturday, June 27, 2020

I will survive.

Conversation with the wife the other day. About my hip. My thigh. The last few runs have aggravated my right leg, it is (I understand) all related to a herniated disc. Sometimes it hurts here, sometimes over there.

She says I need to stretch more, or take some positive action in order to alleviate the irritation and pain. I said the positive action I planto take is to live with it without becoming depressed.

The body is a machine, she says. It can be fixed. The body is a machine, I agree. Machines break down. The stop working properly. This is all right.

This is what I was dealing with last year, training fro the marathon. Long runs, overdoing it. I love running. I would prefer to run pain-free. I think I just need to live with who I am. This is me. This is what I have to work with.

Workout: Cross-Training
Temperature: 70°
Mood: very good
Weight: 183 lbs. (-2.0)

So, the girl and I are on our own for a week. She invited me to join her for a free "cross-fit" workout in the parking lot, and I will never pass up on an invitation like that. But oh, my. Oh, oh my. Six reps of squats, sit-ups, lunges, burpees and 200m runs.

Well. I did them, I just didn't do all of them every time. I can't even do one sit-up. I was trying, it was pathetic. She said, "just do crunches." Do you see what's happening here? She's already starting to take care of me.

Anyway, that was thrilling, and I am going to be in pain all day. I hope we get to do that again!

What's That Lyric?
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
(Happy PRIDE!)

No comments: