Sunday, November 12, 2023

Gasping, but somehow still alive.

Last night we saw The Killer. I have been on a Fincher kick. Two running gags in the film are the (unnamed) assassin's use of characters from sit-coms as aliases, and that he listens to The Smiths to relax.

In fact, I enjoyed these moments of "comic relief" so much, it really irritated me when one of his aliases was Sam Malone. All of the other other references -- Robert Hartley, Reuben Kincaid, Archibald Bünker -- were from the 1970s. Including a Cheers reference threw me and it still bothers me this morning.

David Fincher is too exacting to have made such an error. 
 
Distance: 4.1 miles
Duration: 40:59
Pace: 9:9

"The Killer" Playlist (Songs by The Smiths)
Well I Wonder
I Know It’s Over 
How Soon Is Now? 
Hand in Glove
Bigmouth Strikes Again 
Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now
Girlfriend in a Coma
Shoplifters of the World Unite
Unhappy Birthday 
This Charming Man
There Is a Light That Never Goes Out

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 50°
Climate: sunny & beautiful
Mood: good
  
Trying to run slower, to be intentional. My knees hurt after every run, like they never have before. Taking pain reliever, sure. But I wonder if I am doing damage, or it's just getting old and I have to deal with it.

The run today was glorious. Just perfect. Lovely day.

Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 20
Upper body: 20 rep
Water: yes

No comments: