Sunday, November 19, 2023

What was it we were thinking of?

Sunday. One more day on my own until the season turns. Tomorrow it is all writing contest preparation, the eldest comes home (the wife prefers elder, reminding me that there is one older than they ... but not more aged) and the holidays are underway.

Will we run together? Maybe Turkey Trot? I do not know. I do not care. Family will be present and I will be full of joy. 

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 30:11
Pace: 9:40

Us - Peter Gabriel (1992)
Come Talk To Me
Steam (Oh, Oh, Let Off Steam Mix)
Digging In the Dirt
Kiss That Frog (Mindblender Mix)
Secret World

I love Peter Gabriel, I do. But mostly his upbeat work. The slow songs seem to me, sometimes, very, very slow. And similar. And besides, I need to run.

This album will always remind me of the first year of Guerrilla, for many, many reasons, and not only the timing. Though, sure, mostly the timing. Good timing. Frenetic. Sexual. Transgressive. There it is.

Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 47°
Climate: bright & sunny
Mood: determined
 
Got a kink in my right ankle in the park, had to walk, worked it out, kept limping along, and soon it went away. But I think this might happen more often these days.
 
Stretches: yes
Sit-Ups: 40
Upper body: 40 reps.
Water: yes

Breakfast: oatmeal w/dried fruit, butter, brown sugar & cream
Lunch: linguine alfredo w/green vegetables, fizzy water
Snack: raw cookie dough, cookies
Dinner: squash curry over rice
Beverage: Festivus!

No comments: