Monday, May 24, 2021

Challenge what the future holds.

What a difference a weekend makes. The boy has a birthday party Saturday night, which means "New York" pizzas from Guys, bags of Doritos, cheese balls and a variety of soda pop. So that night, and Sunday, it was all junk food, all day.

This, after all the parents gathered to take pictures of our kids at the art museum before Prom. I tried to avoid photos, but there's a very nice one of me, and she and her. And my shirt is very snug. It was embarrassing to me. I am trying to be my own shape, but I just eat shit.

I even have boobs now.

And I wanted to exercise, I did. But I kept putting it off, or trying to engage the boy. By early Sunday night, I was tired. Junk food tired, you know? At least the wife made an excellent salad for dinner. Those have everything I need.

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 31:00
Pace: 9:59
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 63°
Climate: overcast & humid
Mood: anxious
Weight: 189.5 lbs. (+2.5)

Christ, almighty.

Much cooler today. And after a couple days off, I'm like, nah. It's funny, 63° and overcast seems chilly like 63° and sunny definitely does not.

Things that are giving me anxiety today: Social messaging for CSU, my Early American Poetry class, the sheer amount of junk food I consumed the past two days, what I look like in that photograph, racial inequity in the workplace, certain professional issues and certain personal relationships, making plans to scatter ashes, losing hard at trivia. It's a lot.

1994 Playlist
Fantastic Voyage - Coolio
Closer - Nine Inch Nails
You Gotta Be - Des'ree
When I Come Around - Green Day
Ruiner - Nine Inch Nails
Shoop - Salt-N-Pepa
Sure Shot - Beastie Boys
Gin N Juice - Snoop Dogg ft. Daz Dillinger


What a messed up year 1994 was. I hear songs I haven't heard in a while -- while running -- and I am reminded of how angry I was, how unhappy I was. Also, how active I was, how much was going on.

And how bad I was. I was awful. And miserable. Self-pitying, self-loathing, self-aggrandizing. All self, no other. No excuses, sometimes it is good to remember how it happened, and music helps me do that.

No comments: