Monday, May 31, 2021

Get started. Get stupid.

Keep going.
Last year I ran twenty-six times in June. And I hurt myself. I don't even remember that. My hip was in pain. I think that was the result of running every single day. It was a mania, I guess. I was then, as now, trying to slim down to a manageable size. I was 185 lbs. in June. I was able to drop another five pounds, but then put it all back on by the holidays.

Running every day, I didn't write about it. Too busy? In quarantine? I had nothing to say? It was a difficult, depressing time.

Not that tings are rosy and bright. But they are better. I was exposed to lots of hillbillies this weekend. Really testing the limits of this vaccine.

I have been in a creative frenzy this past year, too. The writing, the schoolwork, all the Zoom productions. But I'd like to make exercise something that is part of my head, what I think about, and not just something I do and get over with, to try not to think about. Some of my favorite moomenst I am thinking about running. Or actually running.

Distance: 4 miles
Duration: 37:54
Pace: 9:27
Route: Hocking River Bike Path
Temperature: 67°
Climate: sunny & nice
Mood: good, you know?

My current mental exercise in delayed gratification. I will be eating X later, so I will not eat Y right now. If I did this on Noob (or whatever it's called) I could find out exactly what the calories are in X vs. Y, too. For now, I choose to be merely mindful.

It's not really a diet. I am not eating different. Just less grazing. 

Intake:
Breakfast: coffee (2x) 
Lunch: General Tso's Tofu
Snack: deviled eggs, tapanade w/crackers
Dinner: cheeseburger, onion rings, milkshake
Also, Manhattan (1x)

Okay, holiday's over.

2003 Playlist
Transatlanticism - Death Cab for Cutie
Crazy In Love  - Beyoncé ft. Jay-Z
Toxic - Britney Spears
Let's Get It Started (Spike Mix) - Black Eyed Peas
We Will Become Silhouettes - Postal Service
Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
Move Your Feet - Junior Senior
Hey Ya! - OutKast
Emerge - Fischerspooner

The year 2003 was a big year for me, aurally. We had discovered iTunes. I was listening to Radio K. And then there was the girl. All the music that emerged from being a new father, the father of a living child. It was a rebirth. The latest rebirth.

No comments: