Thursday, May 27, 2021

The pounding of my heart, it beats so strong.

Last night was wonderful and horrible. The girl was receiving a corporate-sponsored scholarship, one she had applied and interviewed for. She received cash, prizes, was celebrated for all her hard work. And she has done such hard work.

By the end of the event she was finding it hard to breathe. The caterer had included an unusual ingredient in the pesto - peanuts. Peanuts do not belong in pesto. Pine nuts and often other tree nuts can go into pesto, not peanuts. And there was no allergy warning, no indication of this special, secret ingredient.

I remember those parents who would make a stink that their children couldn't bring peanut butter to school, or didn't impress upon their children to wash their grubby little mitts before visiting their friends at the nut-free table. Join me in the emergency room after my daughter has jabbed herself with her epi-pen on the white-knuckled drive.

She's fine. She leaves for university in a few months. I am nervous and afraid, and so is she.

Distance: 3.5 miles
Duration: 34:28
Pace: 9:51
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 54°
Climate: sunny & cool
Mood: okay
Weight: 185 lbs. (-1.0)

Four days of running in a row. Cooler today. Chose not to write morning pages, instead to do housework, make lunches, breakfast, for the family, all of whom slept late. I got five and a half hours of sleep last night, and that was more than anyone.

Intake:
Breakfast: cream of wheat (1c), with raisins, alomonds, butter & cream, coffee (2x)
Snack: carrot sticks
Lunch: noodle salad & green soup
Snack: apple
Dinner: pasta & sauce w/steamed brocolli & cauliflower, butter
Also, beer (1x), fizzy water (2x)

Let's try breakfast. Somestimes fasting keeps me from being hungry. Isn't that weird? But this morning I made cream of wheat, so. And I have lost five pounds since we began.

UPDATE: Around 10:30 AM, I am hungry again. This is what I am talking about. 

1984 Playlist
Take Me With U - Prince & the Revolution
Locomotion - OMD
You Take Me Up - Thompson Twins
Tenderness - General Public
Erotic City - Prince
Legs - ZZ Top
I Want You Back - The HoodooGurus
It's My Life - Talk Talk
Don't Let Go - Wang Chung

Eucch. These almonds are two years out of date. Picked thme up at a race sometime.

No comments: