Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Father had had such hopes.

"Every band has at least one good song ... except the Decemberists."
- Mary Luchia, The Current
The Boy
Today my son turned sixteen. The one who lived. The one who was horribly injured in my care. The musician, the thinker, the Communist. The biggest smartass in my life. Well. He is his father's son.

Today I choose not to do morning pages. After 618 consecutive days of writing, every morning. Today, I rose to make him breakfast and we opened presents and the morning is moving on and I could write, but I choose not to. Instead. I will run and wash and get to work.

Because the writing is not about records. It is about so much more than that. And today I choose not to.

Here are songs from the year my son was born.  

2005 Playlist
DARE - Gorillaz
Put Your Records On - Corinne Bailey Rae
The Sporting Life - The Decemberists
Chicken Payback - The Bees
Pon de Replay - Rihanna
The Hand That Feeds - Nine Inch Nails
Technologic - Daft Punk
Pump It - Black Eyed Peas

Distance: 3.1 miles
Duration: 29:58
Pace: 9:40
Route: Forest Hill Loop
Temperature: 66°
Climate: sunny & warm
Mood: very good

No comments: